Les Nuits Sonores is a huge Indie and electronic music festival which brings together DJs from France and the world over in Lyon, for an event now spanning 6 days and 6 nights around the Ascension Day public holiday.
This leading French festival for independent and electronic culture has now become a showcase European event.
Lyon will be pulsating to electronic music in unusual venues and in the streets, both by night and by day.
A festival dedicated to sharing, to bringing people together and to helping them discover and celebrate new music, this event is proud to cultivate a spirit of urban fun and good humour with musical aperitifs, musical siestas, an electronic music trail to discover emerging regional and international artists, the Nuits Sonores Village, free events and/or events suitable for the whole family including the Mini Sonores Festival for the kids. All organised in a sustainable and responsible manner.
Each Nuits Sonores festival brings something new. Discover new venues, new artists, superb visual digital creative work and meet some great people! The festival's three core values never change however: a passion for electronic music and culture, an open mind and artistic innovation.
Some of the artists expected to appear at this 14th event:
to name but a few!
The Nights' programme
- AIR for the opening concert at the Auditorium de Lyon, on 23th May.
- Night 1:
- Halle B: Macadam Mambo DJS, the Pilotwings, Lord of the Isles, Khija, Talaboman
- Halle C: Poison Point, Agar Agar, André Bratten, Vitalic ODC Live, Maind Against
- Halle D: Leanionnaire mob + Art Wike, Kekra, AJTracey, Stormzy, Lady Leshurr, Sarah Farina, Laurent Garnier.
- Night 2: The Circuit through the city: 15 years / 15 sites!
- Night 3:
- Halle B: Markus Gibb, Marie Davidson, Aurora Halal, François X + B2B Bambounou, Helena Hauff
- Halle C: G’Boï and Jean Mi, Fatima Yamaha, Pharoah Sanders Featuring, William Anderson, Oli Hayhurse & Gene Calzeranzo, Harvey Sutherland & Bermuda, Floating Points, Funkineven, Steven Julien.
- Halle D: Ashinoa, Dollkraut, Mustafaé Özkent Ve Belçika Orkestras, Omar Souleyman, Moscoman, King Ghazi.
- Halle B: Sentiments, Raheem Experience, Soichiterada, Kink, Beautiful Swimmers.
- Halle C: Rizan Sa’id, Eroorsmith, the Chemical Brothers DJ set, DJ P. Moore.
- Halle D: Pratos, Beak>, Einstürzende Neubauten, MR TC, Guest.
The Days' programme
- Day 1 with the American The Black Madonna, and her guests: Honey Dijon, Derrinck Carter Does Disco, B2B Optimo, Rahaan, Mark Ernestus’Ndagga Rythm Force, ESG, Throwing Shade, Jamie 3 :26 and Peggy Gou.
- Day 2 with the Russian Lana Kraviz, and her guests: Bjarki, Aleksi Perälä, Andy Stott, PTU, Joe Anderson, Fred P., Jus-Ed and Levon Vincent,
- Day 3 with the Bristish Jon Hopkins and his guests: Barker & Baumercker, Daniel Avery, Nathan Fake, Ben Frost, Actress, James Tarba, Anthony Naples and Randomer.
Lyon loves electronic music, dancing and festivities
The 2017 Nuits Sonores will last 5 days and nights, much to the delight of the townsfolk and visitors
If you love electronic music, you'll love Lyon!